Thursday, August 20, 2015

Things I'm Loving Lately

Hello Again!

I wanted to post something a little earlier in the month this time, because (happily) I'll be in Texas during the last week of August, visiting my daughter and granddaughters.

There is a blogger listed on this blog page, Carrots 'N' Cake, who writes a post pretty much every Friday about things she has been loving lately.  So, I thought I'd share some of the things that have put an extra bounce in my step lately.  I'd love to hear some of the things you are loving lately as well.

First, my absolute favorite kind of protein bars:  Pure Protein. I like: that they have a LOT of protein, and therefore fill me up; the variety of tasty flavors; that they do NOT taste like cardboard; and, the fact that Costco sells them.  Calories?  180-200.


I have also discovered this fat free milk, made by Lucerne, that has added protein, half as much sugar,and has a longer shelf life than it's non-protein-added counterpart.
Here's a hair care product that I discovered recently.  "It's a 10 " has become so popular that I know that my Safeway doesn't have it out on the shelves.  You have pick up a piece of paper that describes it, and then take it to the cashier, who then gets it from behind the customer service counter.  I spray it on after towel drying my hair. It is an excellent (and somewhat expensive) leave-in conditioner.  I swear it works!
Simple pleasures.  Don't you just love it when you walk by something and just have to take a picture of it because it brings a smile to your face:  Here are a few things that caught my eye recently.  These flowers were growing right next to the parking lot at my gym.
And, speaking of the gym, I could marry the outdoor pool if it was a person.  Here it is, ready for someone to just walk into it and have it all to herself.  Talk about a Simple Pleasure.
This one might seem like a no-brainer, but I love my ice water.  I decided awhile ago that I'd start making sure I always had a container of ice water close at hand.  It really makes a difference, as I have noticed, when you practice drinking water more frequently, and then find you have forgotten to grab your container.  Hydrating can be addicting, I think, and is such a healthy practice, especially if you're eating a lot of salty foods, if the weather has been exceptionally warm, and if you're working out.  I don't take the time to do this, but I know some people experiment with adding fruit slices, or cucumber slices, for a little variety.
I haven't invested in one of these yet, but I'm loving that it's now available:  a waterproof iPod.  Well, actually I saw on Amazon that you can just buy a waterproof pouch for your iPod, but I don't trust myself to keep it sealed completely.  Anyway, how cool is that - to swim while listening to tunes!
And, finally, one thing I'm loving is looking forward to a trip somewhere.  Sometimes I think the anticipation of something is often more enjoyable than that actual event, whatever it might be. That's not to say that the activity is a let down, but rather that it's always fun to have something to look forward to, and to prepare for.  I hope there's something on the horizon that you too are looking forward to, or at least a simple pleasure or two that comes to mind or crosses your path each day.

Take care,

Mary





No comments: